Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Field Engineering RADAR
Cape Canaveral, FloridaJob ID IMS20231703-98524
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Field Engineering RADAR
Job Code: IMS20231703-98524
Job Location:Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
Work Schedule: 4/10
Field Engineering Specialist providing project and technical support for the installation, removal, grooming, operation, maintenance, and modification of complex electronic systems onboard the Naval Mobile Instrumentation Systems (NMIS) Support Ship. Systems include RADAR, RF Instrumentation, Transmitters, Receivers, Data Processing Systems. System Interfaces, and Software Operating Systems.
Responsible for complex projects and processes within the NMIS group, achieving operational metrics for NMIS electronics systems assembly, assessment, testing, and operation in support of the Navy customer. Support operational Navy testing events as a watch stander at sea onboard the NMIS Support ship, with positions impacting flight test safety and data collection. Responsible to make short-notice independent assessments and decisions for technical areas of responsibility during critical and time-sensitive operations. Liaison with the Navy for administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
Assigned tasking requires communication within the NMIS group, as well as coordination with external supporting contractors and Navy customers. Support of electronics systems includes general analysis, problem solving, procedure/process development, and innovations.
Requires extended international travel to provide contracted services on a varying schedule, including periods at sea on a Military Sealift Command vessel. Requires supporting various tasking at the home location, to include inventory control, production builds, repairs, systems grooming, on-the-job training, maintaining log books, filing reports, and other tasking as assigned. Requires the ability to climb at least 50 feet from the deck of the ship and must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical competency and a minimum 3 years of experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree or equivalent formal technical training and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or high school diploma with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using RF, analog, and digital test equipment to troubleshoot, test and/or validate complex electronic systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing assigned complex projects or processes with little oversight.
- Must travel up to 33% of the time as required
- Must be able to embark on surface vessels at sea
- Must have ability to climb ladders and work on elevated platforms
- Possess an active Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with operations and maintenance of any of the following military or civilian Radar Systems: Tracking, Air Traffic Control, Fire Control and Aviation, RF Instrumentation/data recording systems
- Use of Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Frequency Counters
- General analysis, problem solving, and innovation
- Guiding, teaching, and coaching other employees
- Ability to review, follow, and provide recommended improvements to documented procedures
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.