Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Code: CS20222211-93753
Job Location: New South Wales- Canberra, Australia
At L3Harris, you can make a difference—with a secure career that encourages work-life balance and delivers industry-leading value to our customers operating on the world’s most challenging frontlines. L3Harris offers relocation packages, competitive compensation, paid maternity/paternity leave, education assistance and a great working culture.
The L3Harris Communications Australia (L3HCA) Public Safety and Professional Communications (PSPC) Technician is responsible for providing quality technical outcomes across a growing PSPC customer base in Australasia.
The PSPC Tech will support programs during the Sustainment phase and will work to provide high levels of customer satisfaction, whilst maintaining contract compliance.
Based in ACT, you will provide technical support, local repair/testing, training and Customer Service solutions to the L3Harris ACT Government Maintenance and Support Contract.
This role would suit a customer focused Technician with a desire to support Public Safety and other government delivered services. The successful candidate must be a team player and able to work within a regionally and globally dispersed team.
- Testing and remediation at localized levels for L3Harris supplied products.
- Coordination and collection material from various customer locations.
- Re-delivery of products to the ACT government emergency services.
- Monitoring, tracking and controlling all assets between the ACT Government and L3Harris Communications (Brisbane).
- Management of local delivery, storage and effective material distribution.
- Ensuring effective communications of material status, repairs, and warranties.
- Conduct Preventative Maintenance Inspections of supplied radios.
- Liaising on product improvements/issues.
- Troubleshooting/fault finding returned materiel to ascertain next remediation step(s).
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Ability to obtain a Defence security clearance if required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- At least 5 years of Radio / Critical Communications experience.
- RF experience in either Public Safety or Defence Force is highly advantageous.
- Understanding of Supply Chain/Logistics and Repair/maintenance management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and work in fast moving environment.
- Exceptional Integrity and ethical standards.
- Reliable and willing to learn.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.