Sr. Systems Engineer
Camden, New Jersey
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Senior Systems Engineer will make an immediate impact on the business by performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of C5 systems. Specific C5 Solutions capabilities include integrated interior and exterior communications, networks and C5ISR for tactical maritime platforms and command and operations centers.
In addition to systems integration knowledge and skills, we provide a core set of products (e.g. Symphony Manager, Marcom Switching and User Terminals) that enable integration across all our programs.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing project/system level cost and proposal inputs for the Systems efforts on assigned projects
- Providing direction for the analysis and specification of the project technical requirements, leads project system engineering effort and coordinates that effort with all the other technical disciplines
- Coordinating requirements and design solutions with the customer
- Leading, coordinating, and integrating technical aspects of an assigned project including the definition of the system architecture and design concepts, the preparation of tradeoff analysis and the development and conduct of program test plans and procedures
- Leading peer reviews of Systems Engineering work products and supporting peer reviews of other disciplines work products
- Executing the project system engineering effort within the allotted budget and schedule
- Ensuring the coordination of project technical development, to maximize reuse and new technology design elements, consistent with company strategic objectives; as appropriate to meet the requirements of the project
- Ensuring processes and procedures for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of the project training system are cost efficient; while meeting program customer needs
- Creating or maintaining project / product line systems documentation in order to support either project documentation deliverables or follow-on development efforts across the product line
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Master’s Degree is highly desirable)
- At least 6 years of applicable experience
- A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing)
- Experience in interior and exterior communications, networks and C5ISR
- A proven track record of working through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions
- An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines, in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches, required
- A working knowledge of standard system engineering processes including: MIL-STD-499, EIA-632, IEEE 1220 or ISO 15288
- Experience in model-driven design using SysML and UML is highly desirable
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and people development skills
- An active Security Clearance (DOD Secret) is highly desirable, ability to acquire clearance required
U.S. Citizenship is required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.