Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Program Scheduler- Program Planning Control
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20232102-97452
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Program Scheduler
Job Location: Camden, NJ
Duties include managing the developing and maintenance of complex program schedules including resource loading and Earned Value Analysis. Individual will help develop the format, tools and tracking/reporting methods to be used as the company refines its Program Planning and Scheduling processes for standardization and enterprise-wide resource management. This position also supports the programs in developing plans and integrating inputs from all programs. Qualified candidates will interface with all elements of the program team to develop and support regular maintenance of the program IMS.
Candidates will perform schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, Critical path, Driving Path, Variance metrics, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines per DECM metrics. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews.
- Develop integrated master schedules using IMP, SOW and WBS.
- Creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Working knowledge of Planning & Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG), Version 4.0, EVMS Standard (EIA 748-D), Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD), and Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) strongly desired.
- Capability to perform Critical Path Analysis, Schedule Risk Analysis, and Schedule Metric Analysis - such as BEI, CPLI, SPI, etc.
- Experience with subcontractor schedule integration.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Perform regular analysis of program schedules to evaluate program and enterprise wide resource needs through the integration of all program schedules including metrics on schedule status, critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis, network logic validation and program baseline maintenance including support of Earned Value Management performance metrics.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Attend and lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- US citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with Schedule and analytical tools such as Full Monte, SSI Risky Project
- Prior experience in Program Planning and Controls and EVM on programs requiring government audit or earned value certified programs.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables.
- Experience working DoD projects in a Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) environment.
- Experience leading planning & scheduling efforts for large, high visibility Government projects.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and any Supporting Schedules on assigned projects/programs; creating and presenting project-level reports, presentations and deliverables that reflect risk and status to program management and senior management relating to the IMS is required.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A degree in Engineering, Science, or related analytical field preferred
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance.
- Additional prior functional / IPT lead experiences (e.g. – Supply Chain Management, Materials, Finance, etc.).
- Experience with Monte Carlos Risk Analysis (Schedule Risk Analysis), Project Server, Structured Solutions – SSI Tools Management, all preferred
- Working knowledge of Space and Airborne Systems programs
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, or related analytical field
- 4 + years prior experience in Project Scheduling ( MS Project/ Primavera)
- 1-3 years of leadership experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with VBA or other programing language is a plus.
- Certifications such as PMP, EVMP or similar is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.