Senior Systems Engineer
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20211404-59771
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Systems Engineer, will provide solutions for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of C5 and/or Cyber systems. Specific C5 Solutions capabilities include integrated interior and exterior communications, networks and C5ISR for tactical maritime platforms and command and operations centers. Specific Cyber solutions capabilities include NSA-approved Type 1 End-Cryptographic Units (ECUs) and Cyber assurance/resilience of complex command, control, and communication systems across space, air, ground, and maritime environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, formal validation, and fielding support.
- Perform Requirements Analysis using DOORS, UML, Model-Based Systems Engineering (SysML), and other system engineering practices.
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Maintain standards compliance
- Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent. 3.0 GPA or greater required.
- Demonstrated evidence of Systems Thinking
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or higher security clearance
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- 6 plus years of experience in Systems Engineering success in US Defense Systems
- A masters' degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Project®, Access®, Visio®
- Working knowledge of project management systems
- Familiarity and working knowledge of cost-based accounting systems.
- Effective time and project management skills
- Cybersecurity/Risk Management Framework Accreditation Experience
- Model-Based Systems Engineering Experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.