Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Systems Engineer (Information Assurance)***40k Sign On***
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20223011-94047
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Member Systems Engineer – L3
Job Code: IMS20223011-94047
Job Location: Camden, NJ
L3Harris Technologies – Integrated C5 Systems (IC5S) is a recognized global leader in the design, development and production of secure communication systems and products supporting mission-critical space, ground, air and naval operations. IC5S is where employees have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and the world around us while thriving in an environment that continually fosters growth and career development. We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence and uncompromised quality in everything we do.
The Information Assurance Systems Engineer is first and foremost a Systems Engineer who is also a subject matter expert in the development of systems and equipment that protect classified National Security information. S/he will be responsible for applying security and cryptography expertise throughout the Systems Engineering process to develop and successfully certify National Security systems on time, within the allotted budget, and with low residual risk.
The Information Assurance Systems Engineer is an ideal position for those with either Systems Engineering academic or industry experience in the design, development, and test of Information Assurance solutions for Defense and Intelligence community customers. The successful candidate will possess both expertise in Systems Engineering as well as in Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography. Demonstrated history of success in developing NSA Approved products is highly desirable.
Within the Security engineering context, his or her primary responsibility will be performing Concept of Operations development, Requirement’s decomposition/synthesis, Architecture Development and analysis, and security test planning and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, influence and resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes.
- A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Architecture Development, Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
- Ability to act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography.
- Exceptional security architecture development skills: specifically including the ability to make complex design trade-offs affecting system security
- Experience negotiating security requirements with NSA Technical Evaluators.
- Experience with NSA TSRD, IASRD, and FSDA requirements and processes.
- Experience with development of NSA Security Evaluation Document (SED) CDRLs. Multiple programs is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Type 1, Suite A, Suite B, and Commercial Cryptographic algorithms (Symmetric and Asymmetric)Knowledge in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) including Transmission Layer Security (TLS) and certificate/key management.
- Active US Government security clearance (Top Secret SCI) required.
- US Citizenship required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree highly desired
• At least 6+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering of Information Assurance systems/products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of Key Management Systems including Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) as they impact the design of End Cryptographic Units (ECUs)
- Experience with Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework
Cybersecurity Credential (e.g., CISSP)
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desirable.
- Proven track record of success and experience in the architecture, design, analysis, integration, and test of NSA Approved Type 1 Certified systems or equipment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.