Senior Manager, Quality Management
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20212203-58406
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Manager Quality Management
Job Location:Camden, NJ
Leads and directs experienced professionals, managers or lower level supervisors. Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results. Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of total quality management programs and Six Sigma initiatives while maintaining profitability of the corporation.
- Lead projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives.
- Ensure internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved. Ensure the continuation of AS9100 Quality Management System certification is maintained.
- Responsible for the identification and documentation of quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Lead 8D problem solving (RCCA) and corrective action system.
- Drive early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of inspection planning, testing and evaluation standards, methods, and procedures to verify product reliability, repeatability and reproducibility.
- Lead the preparation and execution of internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with internal and external specifications and standards.
- Liaise with auditing groups and inspectors to develop formal written reports, and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify trends in discrepancies and collaborates with process owners on the refinement and optimization of business processes.
- Direct and coordinate department activities to assist in successful completion of department projects and achieving goals of the corporation.
- Develop budget, monitor expenditures.
- May oversee program/project execution through review of proposals and completion of gate reviews.
- Participate in supplier corrective and preventative actions including: customer escapes, process nonconformities, supplier corrective actions, customer and change control, and material review board meetings.
- Create a cooperative relationship with suppliers to provide us with quality products without a negative impact on cost.
- Provide guidance and training for department personnel.
- Perform other duties within incumbent’s abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 9 years prior related experience and extensive knowledge of AS9100 / ISO9001 qualifications.
- Experience in the electro-mechanical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area.
- Proven problem-solving experience.
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing a team of quality professionals, including team members that are working remotely.
- Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and requirements for a Government Commercial customer base.
- Hands on working knowledge of all software applications required for all general office needs and specific quality measurement tools.
- Ability to lead, teach, and follow.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to make every customer feel as though they individually are our most important customer.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate degree with minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Experience in TipQA
- Understanding of business systems - TipQA; CostPoint
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma and/or RedX Certified
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager or Certified Supplier Quality
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.