Senior Cyber Solutions Capture Manager
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20211103-57959
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The candidate will provide strategic business support in delivering consulting project activities from inception through long-term engagements. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design assistance, overseeing design implementation, testing and deployment. Incumbent will interact with company and client manager and provide technical cost/schedule monitoring. Incumbent will also provide financial support during proposal activities to include project cost estimation, proposal materials generation and help prepare sales/proposal presentations.
The candidate will report to the C5S Cyber Systems General Manager or program portfolio managers, as directed. The incumbent will assist in identification and development of business capture processes for new business; definition and identification of emerging business requirements; partnering with other functional area leaders to assess needs and requirements for future systems; work directly with engineering solutions architects to develop capture strategies and standards; assist in proposal work and execution; and provide subject matter expertise to manage large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance. The position requires experience in the areas of Space Communications, Multi-domain Architectures, Tactical/Military Cybersecurity, Cryptographic Information Assurance and Key Management technology, Space Cybersecurity, and emerging technologies (e.g. 5G, AI/ML, etc.). The position requires background in cryptographic systems, key management, system-of-systems architectures, multi-domain warfare technologies, cybersecurity, and software defined networks in the Top Secret and Below (TSAB) domains. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience of the various DoD platforms, weapon systems, and installations on which the aforementioned systems and capabilities are implemented.
- Assists in developing large, complex project architectures of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Works with multi-domain personnel on strategic acquisition pursuits and development programs.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area.
- Responsible for the formulation of capture tradespace in parallel with Business Development, Solution Architects and Functional Area Management.
- Responsible for the identification of internal and external R&D opportunities to grow the strategic portfolio and briefing functional area management on pathway to success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technologies discipline and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Program Management / Business Development.
- Experience in the pursuit and capture process of DoD programs including positioning for and winning business.
- A strong network of contacts within the Air Force, DoD and Defense Industrial Base.
- Managing and preparing quality proposals.
- An understanding of the Air Force, DoD and Intelligence Community acquisition process.
- US Citizenship and active Secret clearance required
- Prior military experience is a plus.
- Travel estimated to be 10-20% per year.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Direct experience in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity as well as an understanding of Multi-Level Security (MLS) systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Existing TS/SCI clearance is desired
- CISSP certification desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.