Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Software Engineering
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20220905-81931
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Job Location: Camden, NJ
Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, the Software Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of highly skilled software developers to meet overall business objectives within an Agile environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced software engineering manager who thrives in a high energy environment and is capable of leading a team and overseeing all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Leading the software design and development processes including requirements analysis, specifications, design, implementation and development.
- Driving efficient processes, creating best practices for software development as well as performing code and design reviews.
- Collaborating with other software managers as well as Electrical and Systems Engineering to ensure effective product development through optimizing engineering assignments across the development organization.
- Identifying and establishing development processes and standards to enhance productivity and performance of the team.
- Providing mentorship, coaching and guidance to team members with respect to career development and opportunities for growth.
- Contributing to development on projects as required.
- Conducting performance evaluations of engineers
- Managing the recruitment interview and hiring process for additional software engineers.
- Participate in Engineering Proposal cost estimation and Basis of Estimate efforts
- Manage matrix organization manpower allocation
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering (A Master’s degree is desired but not required.)
- At least 6 years of technical experience in software development with at least 2 years experience as a SW engineering functional manager (or commensurate function) .
- Security Clearance (DOD Secret minimum).
- Experience with recruiting and hiring technical talent
- Experience developing technical and cost volume inputs for proposals.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience as a cost account manager utilizing EVMS
- 1-2 years of experience working within an Agile development environment is highly desirable.
- Experience leading proposal development and Basis of Estimate generation
- Development experience in any of the following areas would be considered highly beneficial: Real Time embedded software development, Information Assurance (Type 1, commercial IPSEC, hardware/software based encryption, key management, secure communications both wired and wireless), Naval Communications (interior or exterior), SIGINT Systems.
- Experience with DevOps process, tools, and procedures is highly desirable
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.