Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Quality Management (Supplier Quality Manager)
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20231503-98410
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Quality Management (Supplier Quality Manager)
Job Location: Camden NJ
Schedule: 9/80 with every other Friday off
The Supplier Quality leader is the focal point for both internal and external tactical supplier quality activities and will have a passion for driving effective root cause & corrective action implementation. Serves as a coach and mentor to the Supplier Quality Engineering team and responsible for driving a Zero Defect culture and mindset. Coordinates quality engineering activities ensuring that operational and segment business initiatives are effectively implemented.
- Organize, lead and develop a team of SQE’s
- Coordinate with Supply Chain and Operations teams to define priorities for Supplier Quality activities
- Implement IMS segment policies, procedures & standards for Supplier Management that drive a preventive, zero defect culture of quality, supplier excellence and customer satisfaction
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SPC, Risk Assessment methodologies, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Gage R&R, Six Sigma and Lean Concepts to drive supplier improvements
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to support G2G initiatives
- Generate reports and analyze supplier performance data (Supplier OTD, Supplier DPPM, etc.) and drive actions to improve those KPI’s
- Assist in review of flow down Program Quality requirements and ensure that they are included in the requirement documents to suppliers
- Develop and maintain incoming inspection criteria. Review and coordinate disposition of nonconforming material associated with Incoming Inspection and supplier driven defects in manufacturing operations
- Lead Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCS) activities for supplier responsible customer escapes
- Initiate and drive Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR’s). Train suppliers as required, ensure effective containment plans are defined and implemented, and RCCA is robust and effectively implemented in the timeframe required
- Review and disposition First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) to ensure product meets factory, customer and program requirements
- Lead business supplier ZDP Reviews
- Collaborate with the IMS Supplier Development Engineering team to resolve supplier systemic quality issues
- Collaborate with the NPI team to understand future suppliers and their associated quality and development plans
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new strategic suppliers
- Participate in annual supplier forums
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience or post-secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 15 years prior related experience.
- Miniumum of 9 years experience in operations, supply chain and/or quality.
- Miniumum of 5 years experience in AS9100/ISO9001 or IATF16949 quality system and process audit experience
- Miniumum of 5 years experience in APQP, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Travel as required, up to 40%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using Quality Management software such as TipWeb, TipQA, or SAP
- Subject Matter Expert in Electrical, Electromechanical or Machining/Fabrication commodity
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma and/or RedX Certified
- Experienced technical trainer
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence or Certified Quality Engineer
- Proven problem-solving experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.