Manager, Configuration Management
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20213103-58986
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Configuration Management
Job Location: Camden, NJ
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Specialty Engineering, the Configuration Manager provides configuration and data management oversight to their assigned personnel and program(s). The Manager will be responsible for planning, managing, and reporting on the documentation created to fulfill customer configuration and data requirements. The Manager will oversee detailed drawing and documentation reviews and will be required to interface with all departments supporting the programs, including Program Management, Engineering, Contracts, Subcontracts, Quality, and other functions concerning the initial release and formal changes to the documentation. The Manager will be required to hold the program to established configuration and data management processes.
- Review Configuration Management and Data Management Plans.
- Provide guidance and ensure that all documents are review and comply with the Program Documentation Standard is based on internal and contractual requirements.
- Review Configuration and approving/rejecting all formal program documentation.
- Ensuring that all CDRLs and SDRLs are delivered on time by CM/DM personnel, are controlled in the CDM database and delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Ensuring that all CDRLS and SDRLs are received and dispersed to the proper reviewers in a timely manner.
- Ensure CM/DM personnel have program users assigned data item responsibility and they are notified when items are due.
- Creating Configuration Status Accounting reports for the program.
- Participating in Pre-Testing and Pre-Delivery Audits, including FCAs/PCAs if required by the contract.
- Ensuring program level Configuration Control Boards are established.
- Reviewing formal configuration management baselines and processing potential changes to those baselines
- Report on CDRL and/or SDRL deliveries on a monthly basis to L3Harris management who review on-time delivery metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9+ years of experience of configuration management experience OR Master’s Degree and 7+ years of configuration management experience.
- Must be able to acquire and/or maintain US security clearance.
- Must have prior Configuration and Data Management experience.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Experience supporting proposals and proposal cost estimates for Configuration and Data Management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active SECRET clearance is a plus
- Experience with PLM is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.