Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20231901-95900
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Subcontracts
Job Location:Camden, NJ - this is a hybrid position so you must be local to the area to commute to the site
Under general supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Lead, Subcontracts is responsible to negotiate, place and administer major subcontracts and procurements. In this role you will work with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Quality to develop procurement specifications and statements of work as well as prepare RFPs and lead source selection teams when evaluating potential and competed suppliers.
The Lead, Subcontract Administrator plays a key role in ensuring compliance to internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurement Regulations, change management, invoice approvals, dispute resolution and subcontract closeout.
The Lead, Subcontract Administrator is the main point of contact between suppliers and program teams and provides all contractual direction.
- Develops and enhances relationships with suppliers; serves as the primary contact for both internal and external communications related to the program’s major subcontracts and fosters a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, which may include engineering design and development subcontracts, material or production subcontracts, Intellectual Property purchase agreements, Intellectual Property License agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.
- Enforcing performance guarantees and remedies, where necessary, to maintain a high level of performance. Addresses quality and design concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
- Interfacing, stimulating, coordinating, supporting and assessing the contribution from the other company functions in terms of information necessary to finalize and manage subcontracts (i.e. SOW’s, Program Schedules. Business Strategy Plans, other).
- Managing subcontracts by ensuring an adequate flow of information among the several company functions and the Subcontractors; and, promoting, monitoring and coordinating the resolution of action items necessary to the successful execution of the assigned subcontracts.
- Monitoring financials associated with assigned subcontracts and assessing the health of the subcontracts throughout their life cycle, taking the necessary measures to make the subcontracts a success and identifying and managing the necessary corrective actions to resolve critical issues.
- Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities. Initiates and supports supplier qualification when new sources are required.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Review open invoices and insures timely two-way or three-way match requirements to keep all suppliers current.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Support program and company objectives/needs, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work on-site (not remote)
- Position could require up to 10% domestic travel
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
- US Citizenship required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MRP system experience (Costpoint/ SAP).
- Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Negotiation and follow up skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
- Advanced working knowledge of CPSR Government audit requirements
- Demonstrated ability work in cross-functional settings with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
- Advanced knowledge of negotiations, price and or cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of Manufacturing Quality Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITAR laws, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability engage in Supplier Management Initiatives (supplier performance, etc.)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.