Lead, Project Engineer-Cyber
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20212303-58542
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Project Engineer, Lead
The Project Engineer serves as an integral part of our fast-paced growing environment by leading multi-disciplined engineering teams in the proposal, design, development and delivery of superior technical solutions. S/he serves as the key interface between Engineering and the Program Manager while leading the Engineering effort on each Program. The Project Engineer is a key decision maker, leader, mentor and motivator to his/her engineering team responsible for ensuring all technical performance, cost and schedule goals on the program are being met.
Additional and Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing technical direction in the use of Systems Development methodologies and processes(uses SEI CMMI and/or ISO 9001/AS 9100 compliant processes to execute assigned tasks)
- Leading and participating in Technical and Cost Proposal development
- Acting as an advisor to top management and customers on advanced technical studies and applications
- Using metrics, earned value, and other techniques to measure and control system development efforts and recommending organizational process improvements
- Interfacing with other activities as required to direct and perform tasks
- Ensuring system architecture and related documentation is developed according to project standards
- Estimating personal and team efforts for assigned tasks
- Identifying and managing program technical risks
- Establishing schedule, resource, budget, and tool requirements for tasks
- Assessing the impact of modification requests
- Work with skill centers to assure assigned staffing align with project needs
- Ensuring that C5S Engineering processes are followed on assigned projects
The successful candidate(s) will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree (System, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering), Mathematics, Computer Science; a technical Master’s degree (i.e., MSEE, MSCS, MSSE, etc.) is highly desired
- Minimum 9 years engineering development experience; inclusive of 2 years of leadership experience
Experience and knowledge in developing, proposing, managing, implementing, and testing products and system solutions in Cyber defense, Cyber exploitation, Information Assurance and/or Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) systems including:
- Security protocols and algorithms
- System Security certification processes such as FIPS, NIAP, NSA, or similar
- Rugged embedded systems for military environments (ground, sea, air, space)
- Model Based System Engineering
- Agile Development Techniques
- Recent experience and direct participation in technical and cost proposal development
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret (or higher level) security clearance is required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.