HR Business Partner
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Looking for an HR Professional with at least 2 years’ experience. Must have HRIS experience, preferably PeopleSoft.
This position will provide HR administrative support to the HR Team as well as support and provide guidance, counsel and HR expertise to employees. This position provides support and services in a variety of activities to include, HRIS processing, employee and labor relations, investigations, performance management, grievance administration, talent acquisition, and change management. This position requires working knowledge of Federal and State labor laws and employment regulations.
The HRBP helps to plan and implement business and HR strategic initiatives resulting in continuous improvement, enhanced employee engagement and superior business results.
Job Specifications and Work Performed:
- Provides day-to-day first line human resources support to employees. The HRBP strengthens employee/labor relations and engagement and enhances a positive work environment in which all employees can do their best work.
- The HRBP facilitates resolution of employee relations issues, complaints and investigations as defined by the law and as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and company policies.
- Ability to utilize HR Information Systems (preferably PeopleSoft)
- Assists with collaboration efforts with the HR team regarding the course of action related to employee investigations and employee counseling.
- Identifies trends in employee relations, retention and engagement; recommends solutions and creative ideas to continually improve engagement and productivity.
- Has responsibility implementing HR Policies and Standard Practices for assigned business functions or organizations. The position requires a broad understanding of HR policies and standard practices and is responsible for interpretation and recommendations when collaborating with clients. Utilizes communication skills to disseminate policy interpretation and recommendations to employees and managers.
- Take the initiative to promote effective Affirmative Action activities within the division’s operations.
- Collaborates with HR team to plan and implement HR initiatives.
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition and business client areas to support timely and successful filling of positions.
- Implements and maintains transactional processes according to policies and procedures for Human Resources and government compliance. Seeks to identify and implement process improvements.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Must have a proficient working knowledge and competent understanding of Human Resources management, principles and laws.
- Works independently on day-to-day responsibilities, utilizes strong problem solving skills to reach resolutions, and to exercise frequent independent discretion and judgment to achieve desired outcomes with employee relations.
- Experience as collaborative, contributing team member.
- Must have a general understanding of basic business competencies and business unit operations.
- The position requires strong interpersonal communications, facilitation and conflict resolutions skills.
- The position requires very strong writing skills and investigation skills.
- The job requires a strong attention to quality, process detail and the use of standard Microsoft office tools.
- Strong solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands timely deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management required. Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience;
- Human Resource experience in employee relations, recruiting, Affirmative Action plans or talent acquisition with a minimum of 2 years as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Ability to effectively utilize HRIS system (PeopleSoft)
- Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of compensation, talent assessment, performance management, talent acquisition and employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter who can work independently and drive results
- Must be a US Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Labor relations experience: administration of collective bargaining agreements and grievance administration is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.