Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
EMI Electrical Engineer (Member Engineering Staff)
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20222710-92596
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: EMI Electrical Engineer (Member Engineering Staff)
Job ID: IMS20222710-92596
Job Location: Camden, NJ
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule
The Electrical Engineer (EE) will be part of the key engineering team that is responsible for the performance of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), and TEMPEST testing.
- Experience with or the ability to learn EMI filter design, power supply design, analysis and test is highly desirable. At L3HARRIS CS-East, we design and develop electronic communications products that range from multiple racks of custom and commercial equipment to individual electronics modules.
- Many of these products are required to pass MIL-STD-461 EMI/EMC tests, and some are required to pass cryptographic TEMPEST tests.
- Tasks in the job position include participating in the equipment design cycle as a consultant to minimize emission and susceptibility issues, analysis of test requirements, writing of control and test plans, assisting in test setup, design and build of special test equipment, supervising the running of tests, and writing test reports.
- Analysis and debug may be required if equipment exhibits issues during testing.
- L3HARRIS has in-house EMI/TEMPEST screen rooms.
The successful candidate(s) will possess:
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- 2+ years industry experience with MIL-STD-461 EMI/EMC testing
- Use of laboratory test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with RF Test equipment, amplifiers and antennas
- Experience or coursework in radio frequency theory
- Interface with all disciplines to ensure designs are compliant to all requirements
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to interface with customers as well as various sub-contractors and sub-system developers
- Must be able to travel to and work at external test facilities as needed, with little advance notice
- Ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
The following would be considered highly beneficial:
- Experience in development, integration and testing of high-reliability military products
- Possess a solid understanding of analog circuit design with emphasis on DC-DC switched mode power supply design and EMI filter design.
- Experience troubleshooting electronic circuits to the component level
- Experience performing schematic capture, overseeing PCB layout, derating and worst case analysis (WCA)
- Familiarity with power conversion circuitry principles and design techniques
- Practical hands-on experience including AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion with various topologies (isolated and non-isolated) that meet the power and EMI requirements described under MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, and DO-160
- TEMPEST testing experience
- Current possession of a US Government Secret security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.