Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Electrical Engineer - Certified Tempest
Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20221506-84244
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer – Certified Tempest
Job ID: IMS20221506-84244
Job Location: Camden, NJ
L3HARRIS Communications Communication Systems East (L3HARRIS CS-East) is a recognized global leader in the design, development and production of secure communication systems and products supporting mission-critical space, ground, air and naval operations.
L3HARRIS CS-East is where employees have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and the world around us while thriving in an environment that continually fosters growth and career development. We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence and uncompromised quality in everything we do.
The Electrical Engineer (EE) will be part of the key engineering team that is responsible for TEMPEST Plans and Testing. At L3HARRIS CS-East, we design and develop electronic communications products that range from multiple racks of custom and commercial equipment to individual electronics modules. Many of these products are required to pass cryptographic TEMPEST tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasks in the job position include developing cost estimates for the tasks that the TEMPEST lab performs.
- Performing cost account management of TEMPEST tasks.
- Participating in the equipment design cycle as a consultant to minimize TEMPEST issues.
- Analysis of requirements.
- Writing of control and test plans.
- Assisting in test setup.
- Design and build of special test equipment.
- Supervising the running of tests by laboratory technicians and writing test reports.
- Analysis and debug may be required if equipment exhibits issues during testing.
L3HARRIS has an in-house TEMPEST screen room and we are a certified TEMPEST test lab.
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience
- Certified TEMPEST Professional - Level I, (Level II preferred)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship required
- U.S. Government secret security clearance required
The following would be considered highly beneficial to be experience with:
- Radio frequency communications
- MIL-STD-461 EMI/EMC testing
- Use of laboratory test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- RF Test equipment, antennas
- A background in
- RF communication theory and design
- Communications system design
- This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.