Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Project Management
Burnsville, MinnesotaJob ID IMS20220312-94209
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Project Management
Job Location: Burnsville, MN
Job Number: IMS20220312-94209
About the role:
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer-based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft. Our airline pilot training systems cover the complete training spectrum, whether its systems knowledge, procedure training or jet transition we have the solutions.
We are looking for a Specialist, Project Management to join our Program Department to provide the management of specific project control processes in support of both the delivery of new devices and in the managing of update delivery programs. The individual will support the Programmed Department from a schedule, risk and financial analysis perspective.
This is the ideal opportunity for an established Project Manager to progress their career to the next stage. The Projects Manager will report to our Director of Programs.
Responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting using standard project controls. Will gather information relating to performance (cost, resources and outputs), monitor and report progress against plans, identify trends, analyze and interpret data and information to ensure all data and information are accurate, contribute to regular reports. Will support the generation and review of the Integrated Business Plan in balancing resource demand/allocation across bids & contracts.
Key Technical Skills:
In line with Project Management Capabilities.
- Planning and Scheduling: Extensive skill and significant experience of defining the scope of the project and of breaking this into manageable units; work breakdown structures, control accounts and work packages. Must have knowledge and practical use of MS Project on-line or MS Project Server for Portfolio overview and the use of resource planning and statusing.
- Risk & Opportunity Management:
Familiar with and some practical experience in identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities
- Performance Management:
Extensive skill and significant experience with a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement
- Gate Reviews: Familiar with and some practical experience of gates review to assess the health and management maturity of a project.
- Project Reviews: Familiar with and some practical experience in periodic business/ project progress reviews within a project lifecycle/monthly drumbeat including the consolidation of financial output reports.
- Stakeholder Management: Familiar with and some practical experience in identifying, analyzing and planning actions to communicate, negotiate, and influence stakeholders. This includes the ability to independently interact with colleagues whilst in a hybrid working environment.
Essential skills and experience including Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in project management/project management controls or PMO, preferably within the Aviation or Defense industry in a company producing high value items with a blend of hardware and software specialists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project online, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and able to work through complex problems with new work colleagues
- This position requires a person with the ability to work in the United States.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.