Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Burnsville, MinnesotaJob ID AS20210312-73672
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: AS20210312-73672
Job Location: Burnsville, MN
Commercial Training Solutions (CTS), a division of L3Harris, provides an unrivalled portfolio of truly integrated pilot training, resourcing and systems solutions for our customers in the global commercial aviation arena. From software only mobile applications to hardware-based simulators, CTS delivers training for commercial pilots and maintenance personnel.
The Commercial Training Solutions are looking for a Software Engineer to designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software-programming applications related to avionics and aircraft systems (navigation, autoflight, propulsion, and maintenance). They will participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Works under moderate supervision. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the goals of projects and assignments.
- Designs, develops, codes and documents applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with some impact on department results. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Expected to propose solutions to problems for others review.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and/or support level employees.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own team which may include customers or vendors. Explains and interprets operational processes, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Software or Computer Science is perferred.
- 2 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Programming in C++.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with Visual Studio or comparable Integrated Development Environment.
- Experience with Subversion, Git or comparable source control software.
- Experience in aviation industry.
- Experience in real-time simulation development.
- Experience with new development and updating and refactoring existing software.
- Experience with system testing concepts, performance issues, and testing optimization.
- Able to meet schedules and tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Able to work well with teams and individuals at all levels.
- Motivated and desire to build on technical skills and knowledge.
- Strong desire to deliver excellent customer service and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritize.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.