Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Burnsville, MinnesotaJob ID IMS20222604-81346
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Job Code: IMS20222604-81346
Job Location: Burnsville, MN
L3Harris is planning for tomorrow. Our teams of dedicated individuals are turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that provide elegant solutions for some of the toughest challenges in aviation training.
L3Harris is seeking an individual who will be responsible for providing support to the global Commercial Training Solutions division by joining the Business Capture team, in a challenging fast-paced environment. The Business Capture team collaborates with every aspect of the business to create solutions and respond to customer needs. You will gain insight and exposure to sales, project management, finance, commercial, and marketing to name but a few of the key functions with whom interactions occur daily. Other key aspects include but not limited to developing and authoring persuasive proposals, influencing key stakeholders, presenting to senior managers to obtain approvals.
In addition to the day-to-day activities, the Proposal Manager will participate in internal strategic initiatives to drive change and continuous improvement. Other opportunities will be made available increase organizational awareness.
Some travel may be required overseas.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Accountable for commercial-off-the-shelf bids with minimal bespoke technical solutions, value of up to $20 million.
- Providing support to the Business Capture team with the preparation of bids and proposals, including authoring responses to Request for Proposals.
- Leading the coordination of functional teams to review customer requirements and ensure an accurate scope of effort for completion.
- Support Business Capture Team in Strategy Reviews for individual opportunities.
- Prepare and manage handover to contract delivery, on behalf of the Business Capture Team, with key stakeholders, such as technical teams, project management, customer support and sales account executive for successful project launch.
- Coordinate value focused solutions to meet customer requirements with the relevant product owners
- Support the governance process to obtain appropriate approvals in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed records of all bids and proposals, including keeping documentation up to date as required
- Maintain high ethical standards and perform duties in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years' experience with proposal plans, schedule outline, and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits.
- Ability to understand customer specifications and correspondence related to new systems requirements and organize the proposal to address the requirements
- Must be able to successfully lead a cross functional team comprised of functional groups from program management, engineering, manufacturing and support areas of the company to achieve successful proposal development on schedule
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiar with Project.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.