Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Burnsville, MinnesotaJob ID AS20211310-70867
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Field Technician
Job ID: AS20211310-70867
Job Location: Farmington, Minnesota
L3Harris is looking for a Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a variety of telecommunications systems, cabling, and other related system equipment at customer locations across an assigned geographic region. This individual will work closely with the Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) receiving dispatches and service requests supporting Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and computers.
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics and assist with the setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- Provide technical support to end-users and install both hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, and computer hardware.
- Service various network components and network test instrumentation including:
- Cable connectors and replacements (RJ-11,RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449)
- Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- AD and DC including 3 Phase AC
- JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
- T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for unresolved problems from the company’s Helpdesk and NOCC.
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, changes, and updates.
- Periodically climb ladders and step stools, to reach heights of approximately 10 feet (3.05m), and periodically lift to 50 pounds (22.67kg)
- May work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls
- May travel up to 100% of the time to remote sites within a 3-hour drive radius of the base location.
- Obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- Manning ZMP ARTCC
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6-8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies
- Knowledge on Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
- Experience working remotely across a geographically dispersed team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.