L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Execute the systems engineering role in the systems development lifecycle
- Create and follow a systems engineering management plan
- Elicit, define and analyze stakeholder requirements to create a comprehensive product specification
- Define and document functional requirements and design constraints to respond to the stakeholder requirements
- Work with mechanical, electrical, electro-optical, software and firmware engineers to develop and implement a clearly documented system architecture
- Provide technical oversight of system development
- Oversee system characterization activities
- Work with project engineers and project managers to control cost, scope and schedule adherence
- Work with reliability engineering to ensure that the system and subsystem requirements implement the required level of reliability, safety, maintainability and testability
- Review and approve subsystem design documents to ensure correct traceability of requirements through all levels of the system architecture
- Plan qualification testing, defining the appropriate test methods and procedures
- Work with test engineering to ensure that environmental qualification is performed in a practical and cost-effective way
- Perform functional verification of completed systems and subsystems against their requirements
- Develop validation summary reports
- Participate in product requirement reviews and design reviews
- Support Bids and Proposals process by developing specifications for customer-specific products
- A minimum of 6 years progressive technical (preferably interdisciplinary) experience, with at least 3 years in a systems engineering role
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles, preferably backed by formal training. Undergraduate Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills
- Ability to relate to customer need and elicit requirements from the customer
- Ability to write unambiguous, traceable and verifiable requirements
- Ability to decompose requirements and calculate error budgets involving mechanical, electrical, optical, firmware and software error contributions
- Ability to provide technical leadership of a cross-functional team
- Understanding of the systems development lifecycle
- Ability to define product environmental qualification requirements per the MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and/or ADS-71-SP standards
- High degree of initiative
- High degree of problem solving ability
- Ability to integrate rapidly into multidisciplinary working groups
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Employee events such as Rib Fest and Golf Tournament
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin you career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.