Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Industrial Security
Wilmington, MassachusettsJob ID SAS20211810-71128
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Job Code: SAS20211810-71128
Job Location: Wilmington, MA
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking a highly motivated and experienced CPSO. The CPSO serves as subject matter expert to L3Harris leadership on all security matters including safeguarding personnel, handling of controlled unclassified information, classified information, and classified information systems. Is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of security procedures based on Department of Defense (DoD) and other U.S. Government agency security requirements. Oversees investigations into security violations and ensures correction actions are implemented. Develops, communicates, and reinforces the mission, values and culture of L3Harris.
- Administer security procedures (NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 series, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705.
- Strong knowledge of personnel security disciplines that allows for direct interaction with customer personnel security representatives
- Proficient in the use of DISS, NISS, SWFT and SIMS
- Develop and maintain local security policies to include, but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Emergency Action Plans (EAP), Program Protection Plans, and test plans
- Conduct and/or participate in internal reviews and/or Government inspections
- Collaborate with the ISSM and ISSO on implementation of requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products in order to efficiently support the program security team
- Must have excellent organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Prepare and maintain continuity books and procedures for multiple security functions
- Must possess excellent people skills and the ability to perform in high stress environments
- Working knowledge of document control, visitor control, physical security/construction requirements, DD-254 preparation, conducting security education and briefings and functioning as a liaison with the customer and program managers on all security matters
- Top Secret clearance with a current investigation date
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with SCI and SAP
- 4+ years performing COMSEC duties
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.