Sales Engineering Specialist (Product Marketing Specialist)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
**This role can be a mix of in person and remote work**
The Senior Specialist, Sales Engineering (Product Marketing Specialist (PMS)) is responsible for supporting business development activities by helping the organization to better understand the current and future state of WESCAM products, the benefits they provide our customers, and how they fit into the market and competitive environment. This position will support the Manager of Product Marketing and Senior Management as required. The PCS will assist the Product Marketing Manager perform internal product changes and developments, cut-in tracking, and update supporting documents. The PCS will also assist with Product Analyses, Market Analyses, Competitive Analyses, and New Business Recommendations. In particular, the PMS will:
- Take the lead in building and maintaining the organization’s ability to communicate product changes and technical advancements both internally and externally:
- Build and maintain a process for communicating product changes internally
- Support marketing communications activities. Ensure technical accuracy and consistency of collateral.
- Contribute to product messaging as it pertains to market and competitive position.
- Creation of new marketing material prior to new product launch and to assist with customer engagements
- Maintain a database of competitive products; features, performance, and pricing
- Understand WESCAM’s competitive strengths and weaknesses on a product-by-product basis
- Support sales managers with competitive comparisons and product differentiators to drive bookings growth
- Assist in the generation of market and product forecasts to support Senior Management business decision-making:
- Maintain a market funding forecast database
- Support business activities with forecast analyses as required
- Support business strategy activities with government spending forecasts, major program status, market share metrics, etc.
- Support new product introduction (NPI) and Product Line Management with market potential analyses / market uptake forecasts including analytics of trends and history.
- Attend NPI phase gate reviews, participate in Class I change process, coordinate product change cut-ins.
- Other Activities
- Generate and maintain detailed product descriptions (product overviews)
- Present organizational and product briefs to internal/external stakeholders and customers
- Support departmental and organization-level process improvement activities
- University or equivalent experience in Engineering and / or Marketing
- 6+ years’ experience in Engineering and / or Marketing Functions with at least 2 years’ experience in a field facing role
- Willing to travel 10%
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience with process flow creation, improvement, and maintenance
- Provide a general understanding and the ability to communicate a feature/product’s benefits to a customer’s operation requirements
- Ability to distinguish between case 1 and case 2 engineering changes and their impact on the customer
- Database creation, extraction, and automation experience e.g. automating extraction of specific data, over multiple documents to create a standardized subset (e.g. Doors, MATLAB, Power BI, etc)
- An ability to synthesize information originating from disparate sources and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Good knowledge of the military EO/IR industry and related vehicles / missions, or willingness to learn
- In-depth knowledge of WESCAM’s products
- Excellent computer and written communication skills
- Project Engineering background/knowledge is an asset
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Employee events such as Rib Fest and Golf Tournament
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.