Quality Engineering Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Compile and analyze quality performance data
- Perform incoming, in-process and final inspection tests
- Participate in Product Design Review Meetings (Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Test)
- Review requirements specifications, traceability matrices, and design documents
- Review test plans, test procedures, and test summary reports
- Review test results
- Perform process audits
- Witness product testing
- Generate Verification & Validation Summary Reports
- Conduct developmental Quality Assurance audits
- Prepare reports, corrective action statements, metrics and other documents in support of assigned product lines
- Review proposals, contracts, specifications and other technical data to determine quality requirements; implementing these requirements into processes
- Investigate deficiencies that are internally generated or supplier-caused to determine causes, corrective actions and disposition the defects and support NPI MRB action items
- Provide technical direction to personnel inspecting and testing product
- Provides regular progress status reports to management
- Assists Quality Manager as tasked to address and resolve supplier quality issues. Drive back to front end of the process to understand why items got through and put action plan in place to illuminate reoccurrence
- Functions as project manager as required in support of task teams created to address particular quality issues and/or concerns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Materials, Engineering Science) or Science
- 5 years of manufacturing quality control or test experience desired
- Quality Assurance/Auditing/Investigation experience an asset
- Prior experience working with military/defense programs is highly desired
- Professional Engineering Designation an asset
Preferred Additional Skills
- Ability to read & write technical reports
- Ability to read and understand complex mechanical requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to research/investigate/interview
- Possesses the diplomatic skill needed to facilitate improvements in organization-wide processes
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced product-manufacturing environment
- Ability to root cause quality issues that surface in a product manufacturing operation eg. 8D, PEFEMA
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001 processes
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.