L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Manage simple individual projects including a sub-project within a program. Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Facilitate the definition of project goals, tasks, and requirements; assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
Manage project budget. Interacts regularly with customers to determine their needs and to develop action plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of customers and represent customers' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems. Follow a defined, agreed upon project management processes. Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
Ensure assigned projects are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality levels consistent with partner/customer expectations. Manages project close-out activities.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Draft and submit budget, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, and presentations
- Perform Risk Management and Mitigation in a pro-active fashion.
- Review and approve all purchase orders, as well as changes to the main contract documents.
- Support lessons learned activities when required
- Provide guidance and direction setting to team members
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical fields or College technical degree combined with 5 years’ experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business can be considered.
- Working towards a PMP certification.
- Familiarity with electromechanical systems, optics, aerospace products or similar technologies
Preferred Additional Skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- A willingness to see things through to the end.
- A team player who is comfortable working with other professionals.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on project ownership and accountability.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Employee events such as Rib Fest and Golf Tournament
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.