Integrated Systems Designer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Provide program engineering support to the Program Office for a variety of turret and system projects. Projects will vary from Engineering or Government gimbal system sales to major system developments
- In collaboration with the Manager, Systems Engineering and Airworthiness, Product Engineering, and Sales and Marketing, support bid and proposal activities to ensure all the necessary systems components are adequately defined
- In collaboration with Design and NPI help develop new systems technologies and products for a wide variety of customer requirements
- Develop the necessary system requirement specifications and interface documentation to support aircraft integration and test goals
- Collaborate with L3Harris (WESCAM's) customers and the Program Office to ensure all technical issues are addressed promptly and effectively resolved
- Develop system configurations and Work Order EIDL’s to meet defined product development and delivery schedules
- Perform software regression tests to ensure customer requirements are met
- Support customer integration issues
- Progressive technical and project experience over 5 years
- Undergraduate Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing technical teams and subcontractors
- May require some travel
Preferred Additional Skills
- Familiar with the installation and integration of airborne electronic equipment
- Possess an understanding of systems engineering principals in a government contract environment
- Strong project and technical management skills
- Ability to coordinate activities with multiple departments such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing and Programs
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.