Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
ELECTRO-OPTICAL ENGINEERING @ L3HARRIS CANADA
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Laser Systems
- Geometrical Optics, Lens Design
- Imaging, Radiometry
- Electro-Magnetic wave propagation
- Thin Film Optical Coatings
- Familiarity with various image sensor technologies (ie: CCD, CMOS, Thermal Imagers, etc)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills,
- Proficient with Matlab or a similar language
- Proficient in optics and electronics lab environments (clean rooms etc)
- Understanding of analog and digital video concepts including:
- Colour science
- NTSC & PAL standards
- Digital video standards
- Resolution and sensitivity measurements (MRTD, MRC, NETD, MTF, etc)
- Familiar with a wide range of engineering fields (mainly Mechanical, Electrical & Software)
- Knowledge of Optical Design software (CodeV or Zemax) an asset
- Knowledge of range performance modeling tools (Modtran, NVTherm, SSCam, etc) an asset
Also, the ability to play a musical instrument is also high on the list – we have 7 in-company bands and we’re always looking for a guitar lead or a drummer.
- Every other Friday off
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidized gourmet cafeterias
- Free fruit and bagels
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Free wellness programs
- Work/Life balance that is taken seriously
- Real opportunities for growth, development and career progression
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives