Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
- Actively participate in the development of complex Electro-Optical sub-assemblies such as digital imaging systems, thermal imaging systems and laser positioning systems.
- Active member of New Product Introduction (NPI) teams, supporting the development of modern Electro-Optical sub-assemblies from concept to production.
- Verification of proposed design solutions via a combination of analyses and tests.
- Actively support the manufacturing organization to ensure proper knowledge transfer, timely resolution of design issues and effective test methodologies development.
- Support design improvements of established Electro-Optical modules.
- Collaborate closely with other team members from Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems Engineering and Operations to ensure high quality of design solutions.
- Generation of related documentation including analyses summary, specification documents, test reports.
- Development and testing of sophisticated image processing algorithms using Matlab.
- Participate in and present results at design review meetings related to new Electro-Optical modules.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of Electro-Optical industry trends and new technologies that may be relevant to Wescam’s business.
- Strong knowledge of basic optics principles: Laser Systems, Geometrical Optics, Imaging, Lens Design, Radiometry, Electro-magnetic waves propagation, and Thin-film optical coatings
- Familiarity with various image sensor technologies (CCD, CMOS, Thermal Imagers, etc)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills, proficient with Matlab or a similar language
- Proficient in optics and electronics lab environments
- Understanding of analog and digital video concepts: Color science, NTSC & PAL standards, Digital video standards
- Resolution and sensitivity measurements (MRTD, MRC, NETD, MTF, etc)
- Familiar with a wide range of engineering fields (mainly Mechanical, Electrical & Software)
- Knowledge of Optical Design software (CodeV or Zemax) an asset
- Knowledge of range performance modelling tools (Modtran, NVTherm, SSCam, etc) an asset
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering Physics or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in a similar role
- Graduate degree in a related field is an asset
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.