Customer Service Trainer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Conduct system operation and maintenance courses to Customers world-wide
- Conduct Wescam internal product training courses
- Training coordination, scheduling, and planning
- Assist in the design and developing of Wescam Customer Training courses, including system operations and maintenance at all levels of complexity
- As a part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams, design / develop required training solutions, and dry run courses as required
- Preparation of courseware packages for upcoming course deliveries
- Course assessments/evaluations, validations, and creative feedback improvement for continued success
- Support Technical Publications and Logistics Engineering efforts as required
- Support generation of Service Procedures
- Reviews of Technical Publications and Training materials
- A professional Trainer’s certificate or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of adult training principles and concepts, instructional methods and training techniques including learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, instructional and assessment strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional training experience
- Experience in developing technical training courses
- Familiarity with Government training standards
- Some leadership experience is desired
Preferred Additional Skills
- Professional instructional skills
- Professional communicator
- Outstanding organizational capabilities
- Independent and pro-active work habits
- Technical background (preferably maintenance oriented), in Electronics, electro-mechanical, electro-optical and video technology)
- Effective course design and development skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Above average people skills
- Must be able to travel extensively to US, and overseas
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are desirable
- Operational experience with surveillance equipment is an asset
- Experience with microwave transition equipment is an asset
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Employee events such as Rib Fest and Golf Tournament
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.