Customer & In-Service Support @ L3HARRIS
WESCAM Division Burlington, ON
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
We develop the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military markets, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. These systems provide stabilized, high-magnification Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR) laser, surveillance and targeting systems for airborne, marine and ground based platforms.
Customer Support at a Glance
L3HARRIS WESCAM’s Customer Support Group is not your average kind of support team….
We are responsible for ensuring that we deliver a complete ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance) system on time and as specified, with everything the customer requires to ensure it operates as intended.
Our customers may not be customers you have experienced before – foreign militaries, search and rescue organizations or other specialized national security agencies that you don’t often hear about. Often they are on classified missions.
Our products are highly sophisticated electro-optical systems that are custom-made to exact specifications. The kind of people we need to support our customers that use our intelligence / surveillance / reconnaissance systems every day, worldwide, are of an equally high caliber.
Our Customer Support team has many dimensions to it
- Customer Product Support
- In Service Support
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
- Service Centre Management
About Joining our Support Team Talent Community
We are constantly looking for great people to join our team – but we also understand that timing is everything.
You may not be ready to make a move, but you’re open to exploring your options. We’re planning on growing steadily over the next several years – so whether you’re looking now or later – we’ll probably have something interesting for you to consider at some point soon.
Joining our talent community for In Service Support / Product Support means we’ll stay in touch, keep you informed on what we’re doing, what’s happening in our industry, and connect from time to time with some new positions we believe you’ll want to hear about.
Just click APPLY and we'll take care of the rest
Subject Matter Expertise We Look For
This depends on a lot of factors – but we’ll start with some of the core subject matter expertise we look for in new employees for this truly fascinating team.
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and Controlled Goods Program regulations.
- Electronic and mechanical test equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot system faults to the component level and can work with Quality, and Mechanical/Systems Engineering to take corrective action.
- Reliability, Maintainability, Availability expertise
- Electro-Optical or electronic systems maintenance environments, or similar technical background
- Familiarity with our MX-series product lines from the perspective of an operator in either an airborne, land-based or naval/marine platform is considered a significant asset
Some of this subject matter expertise may have been cultivated from previous work for another military contractor, robotics or sensors-based organizations. Your area of expertise may include something we need immediately, or later on down the road – but at some point in time, we’d like a chance to get to know you a little better.
Skills, Experience and Competencies We Look For
While this list is in no particular order - you should be able to identify most of the following from your own experiences
- The ability to obtain secret or top-secret security clearance
- A Technologist Degree in either mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronics, or optics technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, manuals and procedures.
- At least five years in a Customer Support/Product Support environment in the aerospace, aviation or defense industries
- Some troubleshooting experience with electronics, optical, or mechanical systems would be ideal
- Being sensitive to and personally aware of global cultural and religious diversity.
- Able to work effectively on an international team that supports a culturally diverse customers base.
- Ability to analyze and make informed decisions with direct impact to customer
- A strong customer-mindset, with an action-oriented bias
- Ability to travel internationally, occasionally to remote and sensitive areas
- Multilingualism is an asset when measured against the preceding competencies we seek
The ability to play a musical instrument is also high on the list – we have 7 in-company bands and we’re always looking for a guitar lead or a drummer.
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
This is the most important part. Many companies say that their work is ‘exciting’ or ‘challenging’, or that they work in a fast-paced environment. Perhaps our definition of those terms is slightly different – because we are one of the only companies in the world that produce what we do, have customers like we do, allow our employees to work on the kinds of things we do, and say with certainty that what we do every day directly contributes to protecting lives around the world.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3HARRIS WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin you career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Organized into 4 segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 50 countries.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Click APPLY to join our Customer Support Group Talent Community
By residing our Customer and Product Support Talent Community, you’ll be kept up to date on what L3HARRIS WESCAM is working on, new developments in our group, and more information about the team and what it means to work here.
You’ll also be the first to hear about new positions coming up that we hope you might be interested in.
**As L3HARRIS-WESCAM is a supplier to several national military and defense agencies, we are bound by the Canadian Controlled Goods Program. Every L3 employee must be CGP-Certified, of which certification requires extensive background screening that L3HARRIS Wescam will manage on your behalf.