Contractor Program Security Officer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Facility Security Officer and Contractor Program Security Officer
Job Code: ISP3
Job Location: Burlington, MA
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking a highly motivated FSO and CPSO. The FSO/CPSO serves as subject matter expert to L3Harris leadership on all security matters including safeguarding personnel, handling of controlled unclassified information, classified information, and classified information systems. Is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of security procedures based on Department of Defense (DoD) and other U.S. Government agency security requirements. Oversees investigations into security violations and ensures correction actions are implemented. Develops, communicates, and reinforces the mission, values and culture of L3Harris.
- Administer security procedures (NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 series, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705, NRO Security Manual, and JSIG) as they relate to operating in a classified environment
- Working knowledge of the overall security clearance management process via Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing (e-QIP) system as well as practical (hands-on) experience in managing secure facilities (Secret and below) through the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
- Establishing an Insider Threat Training Program
- Develop and maintain local security policies to include, but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Emergency Action Plans (EAP), Program Protection Plans, and test plans
- Provide security oversight to subcontractors
- Conduct and/or participate in internal reviews and/or Government inspections
- Collaborate with the ISSM and ISSO on implementation of ICD and JSIG requirements
- Maintain PERSEC records and submit personnel for access
- Working knowledge of document control, visitor control, physical security/construction requirements, DD-254 preparation, conducting security education and briefings and functioning as a liaison with the customer and program managers on all security matters
- Active Top Secret, eligible for SCI/SAP programs
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in the use of JPAS/DISS, Scattered Castles, and SIMS
- SCI and SAP experience is preferred
- Knowledge and willingness to perform COMSEC duties
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.