Configuration Management @ L3HARRIS
WESCAM Division Burlington and Toronto (Don Mills)
Future Opportunities Talent Community
About L3Harris WESCAM
We develop the most advanced multi-spectral, multi-sensor optical systems for global defense and military markets, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. These systems provide stabilized, high-magnification Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR) laser, surveillance and targeting systems for airborne, marine and ground based platforms.
To see more our systems capability in action, click HERE
About Configuration Management @ L3Harris WESCAM
Given the sensitive and complex nature of our airborne electro-optical systems, any design change or product customization must be properly evaluated and authorized by a Design Review Board, and diligently tracked and documented for the purposes of traceability.
As the hub that connects Program Office, Engineering Design, Operation and Customer Service groups, Configuration Management at L3Harris WESCAM plays a key role in providing a standardized infrastructure to ensure that customer requirements are translated into a traceable, finished product that meet program specifications and our organizational objectives of Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Cost.
About Joining our Configuration Management Talent Community
We always look out for great people to join our team, but we also appreciate that timing is everything.
You may not be ready to make a move from your current job, you’re just starting out your career and building on your experience, or you’re just exploring your options. We’re planning on steady growth over the next several years, so whether you’re looking now, or later – chances are we’re going to have the perfect job for you at some point.
Joining our Talent Community for Configuration Management means that we’ll stay in touch from time to time, keep you informed on what we’re working on and what’s happening in our industry – and connect from time to time with some new positions
About the Role
There are two primary roles in Configuration Management that we typically hire for,
Configuration Analysts play a lead role the overall choreography of documentation, evaluation and classification of design/engineering specification changes to our electro-optical systems; denote cost/price changes and preliminary impact statements presented to our Change Review Board for final change approval. They manage the Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), variance/deviations waivers from initiation to disposition – subsequently ensuring proposed changes are fully assessed/developed from a technical and financial perspective during Review Board meetings
Configuration Management Coordinators are responsible for the coordination of the Configuration Management (CM) activities related to the implementation of approved ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders) by the Change Review Board (CRB). They develop and execute the implementation plans that support the priorities assigned at the review board meetings, and ensuring the integrity of the product configuration information. They systematically capture, record and validate product configuration details in our ERP/PLM tool, ensuring complete accuracy for traceability of any configurations.
Skills and Attributes We Look For
- Proficiency with automated CM tool (PLM or other ERP/MRP platforms) – TeamCentre or Unify are highly preferred
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills in an Engineering or production environment
- Comprehension of CM principles, concepts, standards and practices (CMII, ANSI/EIA-649)
- Exceptional attention to detail with an appreciation for deadlines and schedules in a production environment
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment, often with competing priorities that must be balanced
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and articulate effectively
- Comfortable operating in a high-demand, rapidly moving environment, with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Drive to champion the implementation of Quality and Continues Improvement
Education & Expertise We Look For
- Mechanical (or Electrical) Engineering background (Degree or Diploma), or Business Admin / Operations Management or Planning Degree or Diploma
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, concepts, practices and CM Standards (ie: CMII, EIA-649, ISO10007 or AS9100)
- Previous experience in Configuration Management or Engineering Scheduling/Planning type of environments
- Ability to interpret and understand Engineering documents, specs and plans
- Ability to effectively evaluate, assess and articulate any residual impacts of a design change
- Working knowledge of automated CM support tools (PLM TeamCentre or other ERP tools)
- APICS, CMII / CMPIC certifications are considered to be strong assets
- Ability to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods Program security clearance
Life at L3Harris WESCAM
This is the most important part.
Many companies say that their work is ‘exciting’ or ‘challenging’, or that they work in a fast-paced environment. Perhaps our definition of those terms is slightly different – because we are one of the only companies in the world that produce what we do, have customers like we do, allow our employees to work on the kinds of things we do, and say with certainty that what we do every day directly contributes to protecting lives around the world.
What else can you expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee?
- Every other Friday off
- Subsidized gourmet cafeterias
- Free fruit and bagels
- Free wellness programs
- Work/Life balance that is taken seriously
- Real opportunities for growth, development and career progression
- Everyone’s role at L3 WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3 WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally protected groups.
For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin, you career with us, just let us know and we will take care of you.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Organized into 4 segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 50 countries.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.