Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Business Development Director, India
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Business Development Director – India
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
Reporting to the Territory Director – Middle East, Turkey & India (METI), you will be part of a highly successful and collaborative team focused on expanding the market share of L3HARRIS’ WESCAM MX series of precision optical sensors and targeting systems in India. This is a high-profile and high-visibility role that will be responsible for driving the growth in one of our rapidly expanding and Strategic markets.
The L3HARRIS WESCAM International Business Development (BD) team consists of four territories globally, each with a team of Business Development Directors that form their Regional BD Team. The METI Territory team currently has 4 Business Development Directors located across the Middle East, Turkey & India (METI) as well as supporting staff. That core team is ably supported by a network of local consultants, distributors, representatives and agents operating on our behalf. You will be joining a dynamic, high tempo and agile team who enjoy a high degree of success enabled by a superb product line and a lot of hard work.
- Meet or exceed annual business development targets as part of the International team by directing activities in the field to achieve territorial BD goals in line with company growth plans.
- Generate and increase a robust pipeline of BD opportunities in allocated Territories
- Responsible for capturing customer requirements to influence L3HARRIS WESCAM design solutions and successfully selling MX, CMX and MatriX solutions to customers
- Promote current product capability, as well as recommending the development of products or product enhancements expected to result in profitable business growth.
- Serve as the customer expert and capture / pursuit leader for complex opportunities.
- Responsible for developing a country growth strategy to deliver a strong and successful business profile over a 5 year plan.
- Responsible for developing strategy with Indian end users, OEMs and other strategic stakeholders.
- Coordinate with out-of-Territory Business Development Directors who’s OEMs may be pursuing opportunities in India.
- Stay engaged with and communicate with Program Managers and In Service Account Managers (ISAMs) as they direct the execution of existing business to ensure we "keep it sold" and position ourselves for follow-on business with existing customer
- Expected to spend significant time outside of the office or on the phone networking and meeting with customers, as soon as practically feasible.
- Travel – up to 50% of the time, as soon as practically feasible.
- Highly developed professional communication skills; fluent in English
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various customer communities e.g. users and acquisition officials / leads in MODs, MOIs, Law Enforcement organizations; Military OEMs
- Ability to naturally develop long-term, trusted-advisor relationships with a combination of technical, market and platform acuity. Further possess the ability to identify and successfully cultivate these relationships remotely and in-person when practically feasible.
- Demonstrated understanding of Indian DAP 2020 defense acquisition processes and stakeholders
- Intimate knowledge of the regional customer base, the key stakeholders and the optimum route to market.
- Preference to work in a team environment and be a collaborative team player
- Demonstrated understanding of key sensor technology and application of this technology
- Energetic, enthusiastic and forward leaning disposition who relishes a challenge and maintains a positive attitude.
- A polished, confident presenter with an outgoing personality and comfortable with senior customers.
Desired Education and Experiences
- University or college graduate in Business or technical Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace / Aeronautics)
- Recent and relevant experience of successful developing business in the National Security, Military or Intelligence domains across any of the Air, Land and Maritime domains.
- 5+ years of Military or Security business development experience ideally with a large and / or local Indian defense OEM
- At least 5+ years of experience working directly in the Indian Defense market Region as an in-country representative
- Previous Military experience would be considered an asset
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.