Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Business Development Director, Asia
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Reporting to the Territory Director – Asia Pacific, you will be part of a highly collaborative in-country team focused on expanding the market domination L3HARRIS’ WESCAM MX series of precision optical sensors and targeting systems within the regions and territories of Asia. This is a high-profile and high-visibility role that will be responsible for driving the growth in one of our most rapidly expanding markets.
The L3HARRIS WESCAM sales team consists of four territories globally, each with a team of Sales Directors that form their Regional Sales Team. Our Asia Pacific Territory team currently includes 4 Sales Directors located across the Asian and Australian region, as well as a supporting group of local consultants, distributors, representatives and agents operating on our behalf. Our Sales approach and method is highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets as part of the International team by directing activities in the field to achieve territorial sales goals in line with company growth plans.
- Generate and increase a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in allocated Territories
- Responsible for capturing customer requirements to influence L3HARRIS WESCAM design solutions and successfully selling MX, CMX and MatriX solutions to customers
- Promote current product capability, as well as recommending the development of products or product enhancements expected to result in profitable business growth.
- Serve as the customer expert and capture / pursuit leader for business pursuits.
- Responsible for developing strategy for key pursuits and managing the hand-off of business opportunities to the operational unit.
- Coordinate with out-of-Territory Sales Directors who’s OEMs may be pursuing opportunities within the Territory.
- Stay engaged with and communicate with Program Managers and In Service Account Managers (ISAMs) as they direct the execution of existing business to ensure we "keep it sold" and position ourselves for follow-on business with existing customer
- Expected to spend significant time outside of the office or on the phone networking and meeting with customers, as soon as practically feasible.
- Travel – up to 50% of the time, as soon as practically feasible.
- University or college graduate in Business or technical Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace/Aeronautics)
- Recent and relevant experience of successful selling in the National Security, Military or Intelligence domains across any of the Air, Land and Maritime domains.
- 10+ years of Military or Security Sales experience ideally with a large OEM
- At least 5+ years of experience working directly in the Asia-Pacific Region as an in-country representative
- Previous Military experience would be considered an asset
Preferred Additional Skills
- Highly developed professional communication skills; fluent in English and at least one other language (Japanese or Korean preferred)
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various customer communities e.g. users and acquisition officials / leads in MODs, MOIs, Law Enforcement organizations; Military OEMs
- Ability to naturally develop long-term, trusted-advisor relationships with a combination of technical, market and platform acuity. Further possess the ability to identify and successfully cultivate these relationships remotely and in-person when practically feasible.
- Intimate knowledge of the regional customer base, the key stakeholders and the optimum route to market.
- Preference to work in a team environment and be a collaborative team player
- Demonstrated understanding of key sensor technology and application of this technology
- Energetic, enthusiastic and forward leaning disposition
- A polished, confident presenter with an outgoing personality and comfortable with senior customers.
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.