Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Burgess Hill, United KingdomJob ID IMS20221603-78757
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Location: Burgess Hill, UK
Job ID: IMS20221603-78757
Main Purpose of Job:
We are seeking an enthusiastic degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a growing software engineering team. The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working on various sized projects with opportunities to advance their career in the field of software engineering within training and simulation. The applicant shall have worked in a professional engineering environment, be familiar with engineering processes and possess an appreciation of software engineering fundamentals
Snr Assoc./ Level 2 - Intermediate professional with practical knowledge of job area. Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area. Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures Identifies and addresses changes within own job area. Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
- To work on all aspects of the development of training systems for naval and commercial customers;
- Modelling of electrical, propulsion, ancillary (fluid) and auxiliary systems on naval and commercial platforms;
- To develop interfaces, control sequences and configurable software components including interfaces to training media;
- To participate in the full system lifecycle adhering to company process and procedure;
- To use both standard tools and proprietary software packages under the direction of senior software engineers;
- To produce and maintain software documentation ensuring full traceability of the software throughout the lifecycle;
- To participate in the full software lifecycle for system software adhering to company process and procedure;
- Participate in reviews of software code, documentation and contractual internal/external design reviews;
- To agree jointly with the Technical Manager, or delegated representative, allocated tasks and timescales in accordance with company standards.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
Essential for the role
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience, or Postgraduate Degree and up to 2 years of prior related experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Excellent planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Knowledge and experience of mathematical modelling from first principles;
- Excellent IT skills (MSOffice, Visio, Visual Studio);
- Understanding of not only software but system lifecycle processes including requirements definition, traceability, verification and validation;
- Able to understand detail and a high level of fidelity in technical decision making.
Desirable for the role:
- Experience of training and simulation product development for Defence projects.
- Experience of supporting Business Development activities / Bids and proposals;
- Understanding of project lifecycle within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge and experience of graphical modelling tools, i.e. MATLAB;
- Knowledge and experience in 3D modelling and games engines.