Sr Spec, Accounting
Broomfield, ColoradoJob ID SAS20212203-58451
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Accounting
Job Code: SAS20212203-58451
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
L3Harris has an opening for a Sr. Specialist, Accountant to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Broomfield, CO. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting. This individual must demonstrate excellent customer service, organization and attention to detail. This position operates under minimal direction or supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining General Ledger to ensure accuracy of all financial transactions
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Reconciles intercompany billing system
- Provides data and support for the preparation of Sales, Use and Property Taxes
- Monitors Travel and Expense transactions
- Provides financial analysis for audits and other financial activities
- Coordinate and execute the month, quarter and year-end financial closing cycles
- Assist in the preparation of year-end Tax Information Package and 10-K financial supplemental schedules
- Ensure procedures necessary to comply with US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and L3Harris accounting policies are documented and adhered to
- Leverage report writing tools in existing financial applications to automate and streamline processes and reporting
- Assist management with various ad-hoc analyses, special projects and audits
- Work in a team environment and actively communicates with peers and superiors
- Administer various financial transactions including, but not limited to: Accounts receivable, inter-company billings, account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 6 Years Experience OR Graduate Degree with 4 years accounting experience
- 4+ Years Accounts receivable, inter-company billings, account reconciliations, experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple month-end deadlines
- Strong communication, planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people of all levels within the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Working knowledge of Sarbane’s Oxley requirements
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems and issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, MAS500, PeopleSoft or Hyperion is a plus
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $65,000 - $120,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.