Senior Full Stack Web Developer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Job Code: SAS20200906-46388
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
This is a senior software engineer position in our L3Harris Geospatial VIS group, where you will engage in enterprise product development. Engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. The ideal engineer will have experience in the geospatial industry combined with a passion for helping customers solve their hardest problems. Our website can be found at: www.harrisgeospatial.com
- Work closely with customers to uncover opportunities and understand their needs, and appropriately position our products and services as value propositions that solve the customer’s problems.
- Translate design requirements and workflows into working software.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues for fast resolution.
- Evangelize best practices and keep abreast of current technology.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering (or a similar field) and 6 years of prior related experience, or a Graduate degree and 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years of experience architecting a full cloud environment including account structure and network controls such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, and security groups, not just a single workload
- 4+ years Microservice architecture and development
- 4+ years of experience with relational data stores such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and ideally one or more Key/Value, Document database (MongoDB), or Time Series data stores (e.g. Redis, Cassandra)
- 4+ years of experience on Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Development/Deployment utilities (Kafka, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.) and Container Deployment, specifically Docker
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in any of the following: security research, forensics, network security, or intrusion detection.
- 4+ years of experience building production-quality systems to work with large amounts of data
- 4+ years of experience in TCP/IP concepts and application protocols.
- 4+ years of experience managing wide variety databases, in particular, must be highly experienced in database backup and recovery, performance tuning, and high availability configuration.
- 4+ years of experience of monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- 2+ years of creating models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with client-facing presentations o both technical and business audiences.
- Geospatial or remote sensing experience highly desired.
- Experience with an established Agile methodology such as SCRUM, Kanban, or similar methodologies.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.