Full Stack / Web UI Developer
Broomfield, Colorado, Suffolk, Virginia
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Full Stack / Web UI Developer
Job Code: SAS20201006-46406
Job Location: Suffolk, VA or Broomfield, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together.
This is a mid-level developer position within L3Harris Space and Airborne Systems. The engineer will work with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other software disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures. We are mission focused, agile, and take innovation seriously.
- Design and develop customer specific user interfaces; creating wireframes and iterating with the customer on improvements.
- Build reusable user interface components and reuse existing base level capabilities in new offerings.
- Translate design requirements and workflows into working software.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues for fast resolution
- Evangelize best practices and keep abreast of current technology in user interface development.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering and 4 years of related experience; or MS degree and 4 years of prior related experience; or Associates degree and 8 years of related experience.
- 2+ years of programming in Java programming.
- 1+ years of experience with various DBMS technology (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- 2+ years of webservices or API experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in Linux, including a background in server administration.
- 1+ years expertise with CI/CD automation practices leveraging commercial tools such as GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with server-side scripting with Node.js
- Experience with Redux or solid understanding of predictable single state design.
- Experience with UX and UI design principles and experience creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Cypress automated testing experience.
- Experience with an established Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Security vulnerability identification and assesment experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit