Associate Manager, Production Management
Broken Arrow, OklahomaJob ID AS20200510-51422
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Production Management
Job Code: AS20200510-51422
Job Location: Broken Arrow, Ok
The Material Requirements Planning Manager must plan and control all MRP and Scheduling activities supporting manufacturing operations. Balance production and inventory levels with demand to support capacity utilization/staffing requirements. Develops Planning Operating summaries for assigned product families and selected programs including demand, inventory and production data. Oversee master production schedules for finished goods and component items based on capacity requirements. Calculates resulting requirements for raw materials, purchased parts and packaging supplies based on MRP methodology. Provides daily-bucketed schedules by product to manufacturing and installs compliance metrics to measure performance. Participates on MRP teams; eliminate the use of off-line spreadsheets. Assists the Master Production Scheduling function, in accordance with MRP methodology. Is in charge of all aspects of MRP including functionality, use and training.
- Help create a work environment that stimulates teamwork, innovation and employee involvement.
- Optimize productivity via lean and operational excellence.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Work with internal functional area leaders toward successful integration of a Master Production Schedule using existing MRP.
- Champion and mentor functional areas on systems-driven requirements planning.
- Present demand, production and inventory summaries at monthly operational meetings.
- Help lead functional areas on systems-driven requirements planning.
- Review New Product introductions to ensure that Supply Chain can support all program requirements.
- Monitors the short-term sales forecast and assign priorities based on customer needs and production availability.
- Provide Purchasing with requisitions.
- Present summary of key information at weekly Management Production meeting.
- Participate in meetings, and keep up to date on issues related to Sales Forecast, Manufacturing, Planning, New Product introductions, Line Fill Rates, Metrics, and other related Supply Chain issues.
- Resolve issues by presenting various alternatives for decision at monthly operations meetings.
- Identify materials with no further use, recommend disposition.
- Coordinate production of assigned subcontractor(s) and movements of materials/product to/from this subcontractor(s).
- Travel as needed/required.
- Interface with both internal and external customers.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between management/subordinate levels, as well as, executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
- Publish and perform RCCA analyses on key metrics including Actual vs. Scheduled.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance.
- Must be a dynamic and energetic leader that involves other team members in the decision-making and change process.
- BA/BS degree - Business or Technical
- APICS certification desirable
- Experience in Manufacturing Materials management, including Inventory and/or Purchasing management.
- Experienced user of computer systems.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Office skills.
- Super-User experience in MRP; in recognized systems such as Cost Point, SAP, BAAN, MTM, Epicor, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.