Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering Integration & Test - Military Avionics (Bristol, PA - ability to obtain Interim Secret)
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20222004-81031
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering Integration & Test - Military Avionics
Job Code: SAS20222004-81031
Job Location:Bristol, PA
L3Harris is seeking an experienced, hands-on Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering Integration & Test - Military Avionics to join our talented team. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to our Telemetry & RF products that support war fighters for the USA. and our allies. You will join a team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design and development of manual and automated test stations used in all stages of product development and manufacturing. You will perform development and verification testing for new and modified products. Working with Operations technicians and supervisors, you will be responsible for the troubleshooting and fixing test equipment issues in manufacturing. You will support customer testing of Telemetry & RF products. The ideal candidate should have a background in test engineering with familiarity with RF, digital, or analog products.
- Specify design, implement, verify, and release to development or manufacturing manual or automated test stands to meet program needs.
- Write software to support test equipment operation, electronic data storage and reports, and data analysis.
- Responsible for identification and selection of test equipment and related equipment and software.
- Be a subject Matter Expert for Test.
- Recommend Design-For-Test capabilities within new products.
- Interface with customers to solve problems and recommend approaches to test.
- Support Sales & Marketing to provide assistance with technical scope of work and provide quotes for Test Engineering tasks.
- Perform development and verification/validation testing of new products and sub-systems.
- Support testing in Operations or at customer facility as required.
- Develop and clearly write detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents.
- Prepare calibration and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Conduct test failure analysis and reporting.
- Establish operating standards for test systems including control plans and work instructions.
- Analyze equipment needs, recommend test equipment purchase, and cost saving alternatives.
- Engineering/first article testing.
- Off-site environmental testing.
- Ability to obtain to obtain Interim Secret Clearance, US Citizenship Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 6+ years relevant experience OR
- Graduate Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 4+ years relevant experience
- Test engineering experience with a technical background in engineering focused development
- Knowledge / use of equipment required for test of RF, analog, or digital products, developing test software and automating test systems, and electronic hardware assembly troubleshooting skills at the printed circuit board and component level
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Analog and digital data-acquisition and signal conditioning experience.
- Experience with verification and validation testing.
- Experience or familiarity with MS Visual Studio, LabVIEW, TestStand
- Familiarity with military test standards.
- Networking and/or RF experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on many different projects at once.
- Ability to make technical decisions and complete project objectives within budget and schedule.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Process Improvement.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.