Sr. Specialist - Systems Engineer, Bristol PA
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20201210-51725
Job Location: Bristol, PA
L3Harris is seeking an experienced, hands-on Systems Engineer to join our talented team. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to our Telemetry & RF products that support war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach.
In this position, you will build on your engineering background and team leadership experience to take on a project engineering leadership role developing a product from concept definition, through design, to customer delivery. You will be responsible for providing Engineering Project Management support to customer-funded programs, internal research and development, and special projects. Responsibilities will cover all life-cycle phases from proposal through product discontinuance. You will work closely with the Program Manager, assigned engineering team, manufacturing, quality, and other departments as you collaboratively execute the project to meet the customer expectations.
Your primary responsibility will be for the development, management and execution, of product development through the entire life cycle of the project. Your responsibilities include translating and fulfilling Contract Requirements as defined by the Statement of Work and Technical Specification(s), while adhering to and/or tailoring L3Harris Policies and Procedures.
The scope of responsibilities spans all aspects of Engineering while integrating Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality, with a strong focus on all key process areas within Project Management. You will need to build cross-functional teams while communicating within and outside of your function or business area, and with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
The ideal candidate should have a background as a Hardware or Systems Engineering Lead with cost and schedule responsibilities.
General Duties include:
- Performs technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications, evaluate customer specifications, and supports cost/technical proposal generation.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates a specific Telemetry product (e.g., encoders, encryption products, network products) or group of Telemetry products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Directs and monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
- Ensures completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer/stakeholder requirements and specifications. Activities include requirements definition, requirement management, technical solution, product integration, and verification & validation.
- Serves as the technical point of contact for customers.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Develops statements of work for subcontractors and ensures performance of those subcontractors.
- Estimates resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree in engineering or related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 6+ years of experience in design for Telemtry, Analog, Digital, Systems, or Project Engineering with a technical background on engineering-focused developments.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s Degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of design reviews, proposals, and program status.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on many different projects at once.
- Ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Secret security clearance desired.
- Experience preparing proposals.
- Experience supporting government customers.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Experience in Configuration and Change Management.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Process Improvement.
- Documentation Skills.
- Circuit Design.
- Agile Development.
- Experience with requirements management software and processes.
- Experience in detailed design for Telemetry or similar mixed-signal products.
- Experience in systems engineering and technical leadership of electronic subsystem design.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.