Sr. Electrical Hardware Engineer – Analog/COMSEC
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20200212-53856
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Electrical Hardware Engineer – Analog/COMSEC
Job Code: SAS20200212-53856
Job Location: Bristol, PA
L3Harris Telemetry Products in Bristol, PA currently has an opening for a Senior Specialist Analog Engineer with analog design experience. In this role, you will be responsible for design and development of data acquisition products. Work requires analog and high-speed digital electronics board and system-level designs including the development of circuits that perform signal conditioning, filtering, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog data conversion, and power conversion and regulation. Additionally, the Senior Specialist Analog Engineer may be called upon to design power supplies, including proper grounding and low-noise design techniques. Designs must perform under stringent environmental conditions including EMI/EMC. Assumes complete ownership of design from specification through the production life cycle.
- Designs and tests analog electronic circuits, including sensor interfaces, data converters, multiplexers, active and passive filters, and power distribution systems. Ability to design analog signal-conditioning from sensors through the FPGA
- Simulates analog or mixed-signal circuits to ensure that performance, noise, timing, and power requirements are satisfied including worst-case and/or statistical design verification and de-rating analysis.
- Designs with unique or leading edge technology, hardware, equipment, or systems to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Generates and reviews development and design approaches for adequacy, feasibility, cost, and conformance to overall goals and best engineering practices.
- Presents results at project reviews and technical conferences.
- Ensures products meet project objectives and environmental conditions.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of electronics analog/digital design engineering.
- Support qualification and failure analysis efforts.
- A Bachelor Degree with at least 6 years of experience OR a Graduate Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
- Broad analog hardware design experience, including: analog measurement and data acquisition, active and passive filter design, or power supply design.
- Simulation experience with industry standard tools such as OrCAD schematic capture, PSPICE, or MATLAB.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An active Secret security clearance.
- Experienced implementing customer requirements in functional design as well as analyzing and troubleshooting existing designs.
- Knowledge of sensors such as accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure sensors, and temperature sensors is a plus.
- DSP design experience.
- Experience designing for MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-704 compliance.
- Signal integrity analysis experience.
- Designing for rugged, high-reliability environments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.