Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20220806-83723
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer (Bristol, PA)
Job Code: SAS20220806-83723
Job Location: Bristol, PA
Job Description: Establish the process for manufacturing high reliability telemetry and COMSEC electronic products. Conduct economic analyses on new methods/equipment and recommend plans for facility layout as well as process flow improvements. Guide the design for manufacturability of new products during transition from design to production
- Create, develop, implement, optimize and maintain routings, tooling/fixturing, process and labor cost standards for high reliability telemetry and COMSEC electronic products.
- Conduct economic analysis on new methods and equipment.
- Create work instructions and guide and train production personnel in the manufacture of new and legacy products.
- Provide facility layout and design recommendations for new methods and process flow improvements.
- Participate on failure analysis teams and contribute to resulting solutions, root cause and corrective actions.
- Define, propose and implement capital equipment for process improvement.
- Initiate, evaluate and approve engineering drawings and/or change requests.
- Participate on core process teams to advance learning with the goal of becoming a subject matter expert in a specific manufacturing discipline.
- Participate in and guide Design for Manufacturability of new products during transition from design to production.
- Create and present product specific process and flow presentations to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degree in Electronics, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred, or equivalent education/experience.
- Practical knowledge in leading the execution of processes, projects, tactics, and employees within a team.
- Strong knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to qualified full rate production.
- Knowledge of automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) assembly and IPC and J-STD requirements for the manufacture of electronic assemblies for defense applications.
- Expert experience with Product Life Cycles
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Due to the nature of our work, this position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.