Specialist, Hardware Test Engineer
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20210704-59301
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Hardware Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210704-59301
Job Location: Bristol, PA
L3Harris is seeking an experienced, hands-on Integration & Test Engineer to join our talented team. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to our Telemetry & RF products that support war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach.
- Support testing in Operations or at customer facility as required.
- Develop and clearly write detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents.
- Conduct test failure analysis and reporting.
- Establish operating standards for test systems including control plans and work instructions.
- Analyze equipment needs, recommend test equipment purchase, and cost saving alternatives.
- Off-site environmental testing.
- Perform development and verification/validation testing of new products and sub-systems.
- Specify design, implement, verify, and release to development or manufacturing manual or automated test stands to meet program needs.
- Write software to support test equipment operation, electronic data storage and reports, and data analysis.
- Responsible for identification and selection of test equipment and related equipment and software.
- Be a subject Matter Expert for Test.
- Recommend Design-For-Test capabilities within new products.
- Interface with customers to solve problems and recommend approaches to test.
- Support Sales & Marketing to provide assistance with technical scope of work and provide quotes for Test Engineering tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.Experience with equipment required for test of RF, analog, or digital products.
- Degree in engineering or related discipline
- Experience in test engineering with a technical background in engineering-focused developments.
- Experience with electronic hardware assembly troubleshooting skills, including at the printed circuit board and component level
- Proficient in developing test software (e.g. LabVIEW, TestStand, ATEasy, or Visual Basic) to automate test systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s Degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Analog and digital data-acquisition and signal conditioning experience.
- Experience with verification and validation testing.
- Familiarity with military test standards.
- Networking and/or RF experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on many different projects at once.
- Ability to make technical decisions and complete project objectives within budget and schedule.
- Secret security clearance desired.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Process Improvement.
- Documentation Skills.
- Ability to design or understand detailed circuitry and/or software.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.