Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Integration Manager
Bristol, United KingdomJob ID IMS20233108-105476
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Software Integration Manager
Job Location – Bristol, UK
Flexible working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
Job ID - IMS20233108-105476
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Bristol/Burgess Hill/Barrow provides enduring, robust and cutting-edge Platform Management Systems (PMS) for both the UK Royal Navy sub-surface and surface fleets, notably current Astute submarine and Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) aircraft carriers, in-build Type 26 and Type 31 frigates - this skill set also extends into cruise liners and super-yachts in the commercial marine market.
The purpose of this role is to interface between engineering functions and the external PMS interfacing systems to problem solve complex issues across multiple project.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Provide the support to multiple projects to overcome the Integration of the various items of Hardware and Software that our projects require
- Directing investigations into project technical issues, working closely with other engineering disciplines and suppliers to resolve complex development problems
- Mentoring and developing staff assigned to integration tasks
- Planning and leading integration and test events, working with project management to prioritise risk reduction activities
- Make recommendations to senior management for changes to product, system solutions, processes and tools in order to achieve greater returns from projects
- Advising project leadership on technical decision-making. Regularly responsible for briefing customer on project technical issues and progress
What you’ll bring
The role of Integration Manager requires the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 6/7 years’ experience in the development, implementation and integration of systems
- Network design – ability to analyse network requirements and provide appropriate network topologies
- Network Switch Configuration - understanding of the management & configuration of various Network switches (Cisco, Hirschman)
- Servers – Windows server 2016
- Security & Access Policies – for User Management & Access
- Configuration and deployment of System Software to platforms
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Understanding of marine projects and related ship board systems – advantageous
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.