Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Supplier Quality Engineering
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20220906-83748
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Supplier Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20220906-83748
Job Location: Bristol, PA
Job Description: This position is responsible for quality improvement issues related to suppliers and/or subcontractors of materials, products or services used in development or manufacturing
- Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas to drive down supplier DPPM and nonconformance rates
- Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality and delivery metrics
- Provide training for basic quality methodologies to support supplier partnerships
- Support programs assessing potential new suppliers
- Create commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives for L3Harris Primary Commodity Teams
- Implement Supplier Partnership concepts with focus suppliers
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform and evaluate root cause and corrective action to correct product/process deficiencies
- Perform elements of Advanced product Quality Planning (Process Flow Diagrams & Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, and First Articles)
- Performs other Quality Engineering tasks as assigned to support the Quality Management System of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities OR, Master’s Degree in: Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in supporting design, development, manufacturing and/or supplier quality activities
- Experience to include demonstrated knowledge in Machining & Fabrication, CCA manufacturing, PWB, Cables/Connectors or electronics assembly and performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) using standard RCA tools
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Willingness to travel up to 75% percent
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive projects to closure
- Ability to perform trend analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of PPAP implementation and associated elements
- Experience with Predictive Quality and problem-solving methodologies
- ISO9001/AS9100 and process audit experience
- Interactive skills, strong written and communication skills
- Supplier Development and Engagement experience
- Experience presenting to upper-level management
- Experience with Predictive Quality
- Lean Concepts
- Commodity management experience
- Supplier Development and Engagement experience
- Special process audit experience
- ZDP Project Management
- Working knowledge in the areas of Supplier Selection & Assessments, First Article Inspection validation, Sub-tier Supplier Management, Special Process Management, Contract Review/Flow down and Counterfeit Parts Avoidance.
- Proficient computer skills to include the use of MS Office Professional Suite and the ability to quickly learn systems and software required to perform job duties.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasks.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.