RF Test Technician (Union)
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20202710-52238
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: RF Test Technician (Union)
Job Code: SAS20202710-52238
Job Location: Bristol, PA
The RF Test Technician is responsible for performing diversified testing operations and making necessary repairs or modifications on a wide variety of prototype and production transmitters, sub-assemblies and components. This position will utilize test equipment, including oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, DMM, power supply, network analyzer, signal generator, and automated test equipment. Position requires the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and attention to detail. This role is also responsible for generating accurate test data intended for internal and external customer use.
- Work from schematic drawings, performance specifications and instructions to perform characteristic test and RF alignment on various RF circuits.
- Follow established procedures or special instructions to set up and operate special test sets and standard test instruments such as time base oscilloscopes, bridges, frequency counters, environmental equipment, signal generators and special equipment.
- Perform Final Acceptance tests on various products.
- Understand and follow appropriate test equipment / safety procedures.
- Maintain product configuration information and test data in appropriate documents.
- Maintain status of units in process.
- Support the troubleshooting and rework/repair of RF systems and/or their subassemblies.
- Maintain troubleshooting documentation in appropriate process / product documents.
- Support completion of assembly operations to meet delivery expectations.
- Tack solder “select at test” components.
- Identify ways to improve current production processes and communicate ideas with appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience testing electronics to include:
- Testing methods, standard and special test equipment and electrical theory.
- Use of shop mathematics, together with diagrams and precision measuring instructions.
- Troubleshooting down to the component level solid understanding and working
- RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Data Error Analyzers, RF generators, etc.
- RF characterization measurements such as; Phase Noise, Spectral Characterization, Noise Figure, RF Power and Bit Error Rate.
- Alignment and troubleshooting of various RF circuits such as: Modulators, RF amplifiers, Diplexers, Filters, Oscillators, Synthesizers, etc.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Analog and digital troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Excel.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, such as communicating well with customers, management, engineering and manufacturing as well as other disciplines of the organization.
- Strong planning/organizational skills with ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work individually and in a team oriented environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.