Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20211003-57837
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211003-57837
Job Location: Bristol, PA
L3Harris is seeking a hands-on Quality Engineer to join our talented team. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to our Telemetry & RF products that support war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach.
In this position, you will be responsible for the oversight of quality assurance for Telemetry & RF products and for implementation of quality procedures and practices congruent with quality standards such as AS9100 as well as specific customer requirements. This role will encompass programs spanning product development, production, returned material, and end-of-life. You will collect, analyze, and present data in various forms to internal and external customers. You will conduct investigative work to resolve and proactively disposition quality-related problems.
- Quality Assurance interface to customers and vendors on assigned programs or products.
- Act as Quality Engineering representative on assigned integrated product teams (IPTs).
- Interpret contract specifications, and develop and implement Quality Assurance plans and procedures to meet requirements.
- Write Quality Processes as needed in support of the AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Ensure Engineering, Manufacturing, and other functions meet Quality Assurance requirements.
- Review engineering documents and manufacturing instructions for completeness, correctness and comprehension by manufacturing personnel.
- Identify critical characteristics of processes and products, and develop associated control plans.
- Perform First Article Inspection and reporting as per AS9102.
- Develop, track, and report metrics.
- Lead failure review boards and perform root-cause/corrective action to resolve or prevent failures.
- Develop or assist in implementing test procedures and in analyzing and interpreting test results.
- Audit processes performed by employees.
- Provide input to part selection and reliability prediction of products.
- Assist with bid and proposals efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience applying quality standards as defined by ISO9001, AS9100, and/or military specifications or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the Root-Cause/Corrective-Action process and Failure Review Board.
- Experience in Failure Analysis.
- Knowledge of mechanical drawings, test procedures and equipment, material review board, contract review and interpretation, and configuration control.
- Background in electronics, inspection, soldering and workmanship (J-STD-001 and Inspection Standard IPC-A-610), work plans, and assembly practices.
- Trained in the development, creation, and usage of metrics.
- Training in Advanced Product Quality Planning, Six Sigma, or Lean techniques.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Familiarity with reliability requirements such as MIL-HDBK-217 and tools such as Windchill.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on many different projects at once.
- Ability to make technical decisions and complete project objectives within budget and schedule.
- Secret security clearance desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.