Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Quality Control Inspector (Union)
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20221606-84314
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector (Union)
Job Code: SAS20221606-84314
Job Location: Bristol, PA
Perform routine visual and dimensional inspection operations on sub-assemblies, completed assemblies and work in-process.
- Perform highly repetitive visual/dimensional inspection operations on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components.
- Perform visual, mechanical and electrical inspection operations and basic functional tests on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components
- Work from wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, specifications, and general instructions to perform in-process inspection duties.
- Follow detailed instructions and refer to inspection procedures to perform basic receiving inspection duties.
- Perform basic receiving inspection/in-process inspection duties with limited instructions and direction of supervisor or working leader.
- Visually inspect PCB assemblies for use in telemetry systems and other electronic equipment.
- Check and inspect electrical wiring connections and general component layouts for compliance with applicable drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and complete inspection forms/reports and records.
- Verify identification and proper mounting of components.
- Detect and report any operating difficulties or questionable conditions to your supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 yrs. experience in Quality inspection of electronic components and in-process inspection of electronic printed circuit boards and assemblies.
- Ability to obtain required certifications: IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies” Certification, IPC J-STD-001 “Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies (Inspection module only). Certifications will be required no later than (2) weeks after being hired.
- Ability to read drawings and use standard measuring tools/instruments; Ability to use basic arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
- Basic computer skills required for data entry
- Physical requirements of the job position requires the individual to have the ability to lift various items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to communicate and interface on various Quality related subjects daily.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical school certification or equivalent experience in electronic Quality Inspection preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Prior experience in using TipQA and Infor LN to enter inspection data
- Current IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies” Certification
- Current IPC J-STD-001 “Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies (Inspection module only) certification.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.