Manager, Supply Chain Management
Bristol, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20211901-55184
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Supply Chain Management
Job Code: SAS20211901-55184
Job Location:Bristol, PA
L3Harris is searching for a talented and dynamic Supply Chain Manager to lead a team of experienced Supply Chain professionals with focus on policy and strategy implementation.
- Manager will work closely with Enterprise Supply Chain Leadership Manager will hold responsibility for full supply chain including materials, planning, subcontracts, compliance and procurement for assigned business area. Responsible for coaching and guidance of direct reports related to the development of procurement specifications, work statements, terms and conditions for specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Tracking of metrics including Savings/Cost Avoidance as well as Service, Quality and Cost.
- Training and auditing of Procurement policies and procedures.
- Supporting internal customers related to meeting targeted budgets and deadlines as well as owing the relationship with the supplier base.
- Manages the implementation of functional strategies and recommends operational plans that directly impact the short- to mid-term function and business results.
- Develops and champions new concepts or technologies in support of business objectives.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts. Responsible for coaching and guidance of direct reports related to the development of procurement specifications, work statements, terms and conditions for specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects suppliers.
- Provides Supply Chain Guidance to programs to mitigate risks, source selection, split orders, avoid sole source when possible and develop second sources when needed.
- Leads team through supplier performance management. Supports and Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Identifies opportunities of Long-Term Agreements (LTAs), GTAs (Global Term Agreements), IDIQ and other Agreements.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Senior Manager to lead the Supply Chain Organization and to support internal and external customers.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Leadership to manage direct reports with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function.
- Responsible for managing Supply Chain (Subcontracts, Material Management, etc.) to achieve customer satisfaction and deliver on annual goals for Supply Chain performance, Business Area revenue and other key performance metrics. Additionally, responsible for delivery of Supply Chain Cost Savings to meet annual objectives.
- Drive all aspects of Supply Chain execution (cost, schedule, technical, quality) and full integration of the work scope within the program, e.g. proposals, negotiations, contract execution, etc.
- Seamless integration of Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Finance, and Operations organizations in support of Program Management and Business Development.
- Work closely with Program Management, Finance and Technical personnel, to support/manage follow-on proposals and new pursuits.
- Strategically support Program(s) on critical negotiations and strategies development.
- Strong negotiations skills and knowledge of legal terms and conditions, FAR and DFAR requirements.
- Experience with Intellectual Property (IP) and Patent requirements to protect company’s IP and patents.
- Work closely with Trade Compliance and provide guidance and support to the Program(s) related to correct document markings (i.e. Export Controlled, Proprietary Information, ITAR, EAR, etc.)
- Able to work directly with Technical Team(s) to identify processes, requirements, Statement of Works improvements and propose changes, to include Supply Chain risk mitigation strategies with possible cost savings/avoidance.
- Ensures Supply Chain Compliance with all applicable Policies, Procedures and applicable Public Law and Federal Regulations.
- Is highly engaged with the evaluation, assessment and resolution of Supply Chain issues or key risk areas.
- Ensures the Supply Chain team performance is properly reported/communicated to the Business Areas and provides schedule, financial, & technical performance data as required by the business.
- Leads and guides the business to determine the sourcing strategies of new technologies, products solutions or collaborations. May function as organization spokesperson on advanced projects or programs as the Supply Chain subject matter expert or authority.
- Provides Supply Chain functional review/approval of labor estimates for the Supply Chain functions in support of requirements for bid and proposal efforts in accordance with customer RFP, Statements-of-Work, and other contractual/business requirements. May assist or participate in the development of these labor estimates in accordance with established business unit processes.
- Overall responsibility for the management and relationship development of the business area supplier base and handles first level supplier escalations as appropriate.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of the organization which includes customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches. Requires ability to communicate with senior leaders and executives regarding matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for team or department to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish departmental business results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Previous Supply Chain Management experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business or Graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business Management.
- Procurement Management experience is preferred.
- Negotiating skills.
- Change Management experience.
- Risk Mitigation experience.
- Presentation and Communications skills.
- Service Contract experience.
- Computer Skills – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MRP/Procurement software tools.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office applications
- MRP Systems, APQP Knowledge, etc.
- Experience with FAR, ITAR, and EAR regulations.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.